We’ll Keep You Comfortable While You’re Driving
Cabin temperature is one of the keys to your comfort when you’re driving. The heating, ventilating and air conditioning system (HVAC) is what controls your vehicle’s temperature and humidity levels.
Take a look at the interactive diagram below to see all the components of a vehicle's HVAC system. (For a closer view of the heater core and AC evaporator, move your mouse over the yellow areas.)
Signs of Problems
HVAC problems can make for very uncomfortable driving conditions during times of extreme temperatures. That’s why it’s important to see us as soon as you notice any of these symptoms:
- Intermittent heating / cooling (The air doesn’t blow at a constant temperature).
- Rattling or other noises that occur when the heat or air are on.
- The smell of mildew or other odors coming from the vents.
- The air conditioning is not blowing cold air.
If you’re experiencing any of these problems, stop into the nearest Levin Tire and Service Center and one of our qualified technicians will determine the cause. It’s important to have HVAC trouble checked out immediately before it requires more extensive and costly repairs.
Diagnosing the Problem
Our technicians will perform a complete inspection of your system. We’ll record the condition of the components, compare them to the manufacturer's specs, and then make recommendations based on the Motorist Assurance Program Uniform Inspection Guidelines.
We’ll check the following:
- Interior controls and blower
- Radiator coolant level, hoses, pressure cap and thermostat
- The A/C compressor belt for condition and tension
- Component condition: leaks or damage
Our complete testing includes:
- A pressure test of the engine cooling system
- A measurement of the A/C system’s pressures and a comparison of them to the manufacturer’s specifications
- An A/C system leak test
Why put it off? Stop in soon and let the experts at Levin Tire and Service Center make driving an even more enjoyable experience.